How it Works
1. Register in-Store
Take your valid Zimbabwe Passport and mobile number to register at any PEP store or FLASH Send Agent.
2. Get a Quote
Download the FLASH Send App for Android by clicking here and get quotes or send instantly on the go!
3. Load FLASH Tokens to Send
Load FLASH tokens at any FLASH Trader, PEP, PEPcell, Shoprite, USave, Checkers, Dunns, John Craig or Ackermans.
Terms and Conditions
FLASH SEND APP
– STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions govern your relationship with us. By downloading and using our App you agree to and accept our terms and conditions. If you do not agree and accept, please do not use our App or uninstall it from your Device.
- Please take special note of the paragraphs printed in bold as they may limit our responsibility or involve some risk for you.
2. How to interpret these terms and conditions
- In these terms and conditions, the words on the left have the meanings set out on the right unless the context clearly shows that the parties intended a different meaning:
- Access Codes means any of your secret numbers used to access our App, including your password and username;
- App means the FLASH Send application for your Device;
- App Store means your Device`s application store provided by Apple or Android, as is applicable to you, from which you download the App;
- Account means your Send account which is set up in the FLASH account management system (using your SIM card number as unique identifier);
- Balance means the amount of money you have in your FLASH wallet to cash-in your quote. This happens when a prepayment is made.
- Device means the mobile device you use to access the App;
- FICA’d means your account has been verified using your Identification Document and your contracts have been approved by our
- FLASH/us/we/our means FLASH Mobile Vending (Pty) Ltd, a private company with registered address at 36 Stellenberg Road, Parow Industria;
- History means all transactions you have active or done in the past.
- OTP means the One Time Pin, which is sent to your device during the registration.
- Personal Information means information about an identifiable, natural or juristic person, including but not limited to, information about race, gender, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, religion, belief, disability, language, birth, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, location through your Device`s GPS;
- Prepayment means an advance payment of an amount of money by you which is reflected
- Profile means the digital identity you create when registering for the App and which will be linked to your Account;
Quotemeans requesting a certain amount of money to be sent cross-boarderto a destination number within Zimbabwe.
- Top-up means making a prepayment to FLASH to have available balance to send money for yourself!
- User Guide means the manual which explains how to operate the App and Transact, as updated from time to time;
meansthe person who registered for the App;
- You must register for the App by giving permissions to your Personal Information and by following the prompt after you have downloaded the App from the Device.
- When you register you must create a Profile for secure use of the App.
- In completing the above registration process and accepting the terms and conditions as set out here, you authorize us to verify any information you provide to us. During the verification process, should it be needed, we do reserve the right to request additional documentation from time to time.
- Your account may only be used for the purpose of which it was intended. You also confirm that you will not accept or transact where: (1) any unlawful or illegal activity (2) counterfeit tender or (3) suspicious
behaviouris detected or noted by your customer.
4. Use of the App
- You should only use the latest version of the App. Failure to update may result in functions not working correctly and you may experience data errors or security issues for which we will not be liable under any circumstances.
- You must use software and hardware suitable for the App. If you do not, the App may not work properly and this could increase your security risk.
5. Fees and costs
- There are no subscription costs to access the App.
- Standard data costs will be charged when you download the App and thereafter when you Transact through the App. These costs are charged by your mobile network operator.
- FLASH will regularly, as the exchange rate changes. Update the rate within the app to reflect the most recent exchange rate between the South African Rand (ZAR) and the United States Dollar (USD).
6. Transacting using the App
- You must make a Prepayment to us before you will be able to perform Transactions.
- The different types of Transactions that can be performed are subject to change from time to time.
- The Pre-payment or any balance thereof can in no instance be redeemed for cash or by way of a deposit into a bank account and can only be used to perform Transactions.
- You must ensure that you have enough Prepayment to cover the amount of the Transaction, where applicable.
- Your Prepayment will immediately be reduced
withthe amount of each Transaction, where applicable.
authoriseus to carry out any and all Transactions which are authenticated by your Access Code(s).
- You must make sure that you log out of the App when you have finished using it to prevent anyone else from using it.
- In our own
discretionwe may allow you to perform a Transaction without sufficient Prepayment from time to time without prejudice to our right in any subsequent Transaction to deny such Transaction where sufficient Prepayment does not exist.
- You will be entitled to such fees,
commissionsand discounts as may be applicable to Transactions from time to time.These amounts will be used to increase your Prepayment and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- In all instances where we appoint you as our agent, you must act strictly within your mandate.
- All Transactions are in real time.
- You may not charge any additional fees, costs or commissions to what is indicated on the App.
7. Regulatory requirements
- You must at all times comply with applicable laws, and indemnifies FLASH against any loss or liability it may suffer as a result of non-compliance
8. Changes We are entitled to change these terms and conditions. We will give you notice of any change. Your continued use of the App means that you have accepted such changes.
9. Intellectual property
- Subject to any intellectual property rights held by any other third parties:
- We keep all intellectual property and intellectual rights in and to all content (including, but not limited to, all proprietary information, trademarks and copyright in any logos and other devices or storage media) in or sent to, through and from the App; and
- We grant you a non-assignable, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the App, which may include updates and/or upgrades, only for purposes outlined in these terms and for no other purposes. You may not
sub-licencesuch third-party content, including intellectual property rights associated with it.
You acknowledge that you:
- will in no way represent that you have any rights of any nature in any current and future intellectual property belonging to us, and/or any third parties featured on the App;
- will not use the current and future intellectual property that belongs to us and/or any third party that is featured on the App in any manner whatsoever or any other intellectual property which is identical, similar and/or confusingly similar thereto in any country;
- will not apply for or obtain registration of any current and future intellectual property that belongs to us and/or any third party that is featured on the App, or any other intellectual property which may be confusingly similar thereto in any country;
- will not challenge the rights to the current and future intellectual property that belongs to us, and/or any third party that is featured on the App in any country
- will not do, or omit to do, or cause to be done any act or thing which would be expected to weaken, damage, be detrimental to or in any way impair or tend to impair the current and future intellectual property that belongs to us and/or any third party that is featured on the App or the reputation and goodwill associated therewith or the foregoing parties, or which would be expected to jeopardise or invalidate any registration of current and future intellectual property belonging to the foregoing parties; and
- You indemnify us against all actions, claims, costs, demands, expenses and other liabilities suffered or incurred by us as are result of any third party claims initiated and/or instituted against us relating to your unauthorised use of the App, the content thereon and/or any other intellectual property and intellectual property rights flowing from the foregoing.
10. App Store
You acknowledge and agree:
These terms are entered into between you and us. Since the App is made available through the App Store, the App Store is a third party under these terms and will also have the right to enforce these terms against you;
To the maximum extent allowed by law, the App Store does not give or enter into any warranty, condition or other term in relation to the App and will not be liable to you for any claims, losses, costs or expenses of whatever nature in relation to the App or as a result of you or anyone else using the App or relying on any of its content;
Any claims relating to the licence to the App, possession or use of the App are between you and us (and not between you, or anyone else, and the App Store), including but not limited to, product liability claims, any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement and claims under consumer protection legislation; and
If any claim by a third party that your possession or use (in line with these terms) of the App infringes any intellectual property rights, the App Store will not be liable to you in relation to that claim.
Your Personal Information
You consent to:
the retention by us of your Personal Information for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and marketing purposes;
us using your Personal Information to send you information about products, services, and special offers
us conducting a credit
credit risk management services (including credit bureaux); and/or
crime prevention agencies.
Subject to applicable law, you may access the Personal Information FLASH has about you by contacting our call
All information identified by FLASH as confidential or which, you should reasonably identify as confidential, including business, commercial (discounts etc), end-user, scientific or technical information, as well as any price list whether current or not, received by or made available to you pursuant to your relationship with FLASH, shall be regarded by you as confidential and shall be treated accordingly and not be disclosed to third parties, or used for any purpose other than that for which it was disclosed, without the prior written consent of FLASH.
In particular, you shall not, directly or indirectly communicate any information regarding or relating to an end-user to any third party other than in the compliance with the obligations of these terms and conditions or as may be required
The provisions of this clause 15 shall survive any termination of our relationship with you.
Termination and suspension
We are entitled to cancel, terminate or suspend your use of the FLASH System in respect of all Transactions or selected types of Transactions immediately, or any combination of these actions, as may be permissible in law, without prejudice to any of our other rights (that is, without barring or limiting any
suspect any illegal use of the App;
you gave false or inaccurate information;
you fail and/or refuse to follow our User Guide or other instructions;
you are in breach of these terms and conditions or the provisions of any other agreement between us;
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the App upon notice, without any liability to you or any third party.
You may also terminate your relationship with us with immediate effect upon notice to us.
Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
We will make every effort to ensure that the App is continually available to you.
The functioning of the App is, however, dependent on factors beyond our control, including but not limited to, the availability and performance of the relevant mobile telephone network, any third party integration system which provides a service on the App, the performance and compatibility of your Device with the App.
If the App is not available due to a factor beyond our control, we will not be held liable for the un-availability thereof. Or where the App is available, however, but some transactions are offline due to third parties being offline.
You use the App at your own risk. The App is not error-free and is being provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
We will not in any circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect losses however these may arise or for any other unusual losses. In particular, FLASH shall not be liable for any financial loss, loss of business, profit, savings, revenue, or goodwill suffered or sustained by you howsoever arising.
We will not be liable for any claims, loss or damage resulting from claims that products or services are defective where we act as agent for the supplier thereof.
You indemnify FLASH against any loss suffered by it, whether direct or consequential, or claims instituted against FLASH by virtue of your use of the App.
You are not, without the consent of FLASH, entitled to cede, delegate or sub-license all or any of its rights and/or obligations in terms of your contractual relationship with FLASH to any third party. FLASH shall not be bound by such a provision and you hereby expressly consent to any such cession and/or delegation of rights and/or obligations by FLASH.
No indulgence, leniency or extension of time which FLASH may grant or show to you shall in any way prejudice FLASH or preclude FLASH from exercising any of its rights in the future.
You may not change any of these terms
No waiver of any right of FLASH, shall be effective unless reduced to writing and signed by FLASH.
FLASH shall not be bound by any representation, express or implied term, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein or in the User Guide.