BI Data Analyst
A well-established brand with a global strategy, that prides itself on making people’s lives easier through frontier technology that creates enabling opportunities is looking for a BI Data Analyst to focus on market and business trends to increase profits and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in business science, mathematics, economics, statistics, information science, engineering or
- 3-5 years business analysis or related technical experience
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
Role Specific Requirements:
- Able to use complex systems to mine data sources and look for trends.
- A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial.
- Once the data is analyzed, able to communicate findings to the company or manager.
- Able to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss.
- Able to work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to juggle it all is crucial
to the job.
Skills and Attributes:
- Logical and dependable
- Detail orientated
- Proactive – capable of identifying, embracing and initiating change
- Able to work under pressure
- Outcome focused
- Persistent and accountable
- Able to meet deadlines
- The ability to balance technical and business interests in a fast moving, driven culture.
- Advance Microsoft Excel
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with relevant statistical package such as R, SAS, SPSS etc.
- Documented track record of producing research reports
- Provides support to user community
- Work with external partners to gather and validate requirements
- Determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports and provide business with reports as required
- Researches business problems and assists in the creation of models that help analyze these problems
- Assists in the development of enduser documentation
- Assist users in the use of the business intelligence solutions to enhance business decision-making capability
- Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends
- Take initiative to Identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities for the
- Anticipates, identifies and defines trends & issues.