Fraud, Risk and Compliance Manager
A well-established company with a national footprint and frontier technology, who prides itself on excellent customer service and brand adoption is looking for a Fraud, Risk and Compliance Manager to manage and mentor a tea, and drive the Fraud, Risk and Compliance strategy for the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing/Finance/Risk or equivalent
- 3 to 4 years auditing experience as a compliance manager, information risk specialist, or information technology auditor
- 3 to 5 years working experience within a fraud operations, risk and internal control environment;
- CISA, CRISC, or a similar certification
Knowledge / Skills
- 2 or more years’ experience in data intensive industries such as banking or financial services is preferred
- Must be fully computer literate – including extensive experience using a wide variety of software packages (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheets and databases) with a strong emphasis on analytical software including Excel
- Report writing skills are required
- Must be able to summarize and communicate technical data
- Relevant legislation, regulations and prescripts
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills;
- Team player and ability to operate independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Manage the day to day operations of the Fraud, Risk and Compliance team
- Drive the Fraud, Risk and Compliance strategy, and ensure the Strategy moves and grows with the industry and trends in the industry.
- Ensuring all Company Risk registers are reviewed on a regular basis and updated where required, including:
1. Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation
Identify, assess and evaluate risk to enable the execution of the enterprise risk management strategy.
2. Risk Response
Develop and implement risk responses to ensure that risk factors and events are addressed in a cost-effective manner and in line with business objectives
3. Risk Monitoring
Monitor risk and communicate information to the relevant stakeholders to ensure the continued effectiveness of the enterprise’s risk management strategy.
- Ensuring regular internal audits are performed on high risk areas identified, in the company risk registers. Testing the control effectiveness to mitigate the risks, as well as implementing new and improved controls.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Coordination:
1. Maintain the IT Disaster Recovery Plan including annual reviews.
2. Oversee the regular testing of the plan and update for major changes in hardware, applications, business and regulatory requirements accordingly.
- Prepare and report monthly on information around the above to the Fraud, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Participate in IT projects and new product development to bring a proactive risk management focus into new business initiatives.
- Coordination of the Fraud strategy:
1. Assessing the risk of fraud in business
2. Developing fraud prevention and detection strategies
3. Managing, planning and conducting fraud investigations
4. Liaising with role players in law enforcement and intelligence agencies
5. Compiling and presenting forensic reports to senior/executive management
- Ensuring that business units are aware of relevant rules, laws and regulations and assisting them in meeting the compliance requirements.