About the role
Knowledge / Skills:
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in data intensive industries such as fraud within banking or financial services is preferred
- Must be fully computer literate – including advanced experience using a wide variety of software packages (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheets and databases) with a strong emphasis on analytical software including Excel and Microsoft Power BI
- Report writing, and presentation skills are required
- Must be able to interpret and communicate technical data
- Basic understanding and usage of XML, SQL and JSON Path (gremlin coding advantageous)
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills;
- Team player and ability to operate independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Critical thinker
- Deadline driven
- Open minded, humorous and optimistic outlook
- Assisting with the updating and maintaining of existing Fraud systems and ensuring the Strategy moves and grows with the industry and trends in the industry.
- Analyse existing fraud data using statistics to evaluate fraud occurrences and make recommendations to reduce future incidences through improved prevention and detection measures.
- Develop wire frames and mock ups for internal fraud systems
- Extract, share insights, lessons learnt and recommendations from root cause analysis applied in fraud cases to inform further fraud prevention improvements
- Monitoring of internal fraud systems to identify possible loopholes and existing practices that support fraud management effectively.
- Prepare and report monthly on information around the above to the Fraud, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Participate in IT projects and new product development to bring a proactive risk management focus into new business initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination of the Fraud strategy
1. Developing fraud prevention and detection strategies
2. Managing, planning and conducting fraud investigations
3. Liaising with role players in law enforcement and intelligence agencies
4. Compiling and presenting forensic reports to senior/executive management
- Ensuring that business units are aware of relevant loopholes and best practices and assisting them in the implementation and resolution of such
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology