Product Manager – Financial Services
About the role
Flash is looking to hire a Product Manager to join the Product team. In this role, you will be responsible of the end to end management of all aspects of the specific product/s under your management and through all stages of the product life cycle.
This role requires strong fluency in credit/ loan products, building alternative credit score cards, mobile technology and SME world
- Qualification in Finance/ Business Management/ Accounting or similar
- Previous experience in a Product Management / Similar role
- Previous experience in managing credit products
- Sound understanding of SME’s
- Previous experience in the informal retail market will be an advantage
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Agile experience is beneficial but not essential.
Role Specific requirements:
- Build alternative credit scoring models to provide short term loans to Flash traders
- Developing the strategy and roadmap for Overnight Flash Loans based on deep customer insights. Inclusive of enhancing current products and developing new products as needed over time.
- Continuing to drive the portfolio optimization through the development of solutions that deliver value to Traders and Flash
- Actively managing outstanding liabilities, including planning and forecasting, reporting and insights and marketing activities to drive more profitable trader behavior
Skills and Attributes:
- Logical and dependable
- Detail orientated
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- Proactive – capable of identifying, embracing and initiating change
- Able to work under pressure
- Outcome focused
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Persistent and accountable
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to think out of the box – big picture / holistic thinker
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Establish product direction for the products, including product line extensions and target markets supported by associated business cases and related financial analysis.
- Interview and meet with traders to better understand the market and market problems.
- Prioritize and validate trader needs and requests for product changes & enhancements.
- Track industry trends, product segment growth, market spend, and market share.
- Create and implement annual product plans and roadmaps including new products/enhancements to expand service offering, drive revenue, and increase profitability.
- Oversee the product through all stages of the product’s life cycle, from concept to production, including support
- Develop functional specifications for new ideas and product enhancements
- Working closely with QA to compile and execute test cases and regression testing
- Enable, support and train sales, client services, and professional services staff on new product functionality delivered.
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology