BI Business Analyst
About the role
FLASH is looking for a BI Business Analyst to join our BI team based in our awesome Cape Town office and work together with our Tech team in gathering understanding, analysing, evaluating and documenting Business users’ BI requirements and then translate these into BI technical solutions that adhere to BI best practices.
- Relevant 3 year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification
- Business-related qualification, FTI or similar BA qualification
Role Specific requirements:
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of BI and Data Warehouse environments and best practices.
- Good general understanding of business processes.
- Able to work within the framework of the BI methodology.
Skills and Attributes:
- Working within an agile environment
- Logical and dependable
- Detail orientated
- Proactive – capable of identifying, embracing and initiating change
- Able to work under pressure
- Solution orientated with ability to resolve complex data challenges
- Persistent and accountable
- Able to meet deadlines
- The ability to balance technical and business interests in a fast moving, driven culture.
- Fluent in relational database concepts and dimensional modeling for analytic decision support
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a BI Business Analyst role
- Understand, analyse , evaluate and document BI requirements from business, including Analytical processes and the KPIs/measures related to these processes.
- Functional design of BI solution (reports and dashboards).
- Document and refine BI technical requirements w.r.t:
1. Data modelling requirements (reporting and business dimensions).
2. Source-to-target mappings.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Work closely with the DW Team to design and implement BI solutions.
- Performs functional testing and data validation of reports and other BI deliverables before presenting to Business Users.
- Assist business during user acceptance testing.
- Provide input for BI user training.
- Provide assistance to business during BI implementations.
- Remain current with BI industry trends, particularly around BI tools and technologies.
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology