Power BI Reports Developer
About the role
FLASH is on the look out for a PowerBI Reports Developer to join their fast growing BI Team in the Cape Town branch. This role requires the PowerBI Reports Developer to focus on developing and training users to build insightful, actionable and intuitive dynamic dashboards and reports.
- 2+ years of Power BI development is a must
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Role Specific requirements:
- Hands on experience as a PowerBI developer focused on building interactive dashboards
- Querying Microsoft Analysis Services (tabular or dimensional) (SSAS)
- Write calculations using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Configure data intake using Query and its formula language ‘M’
- Experience working with dataset ingestion, reports, dashboards, KPIs, Power BI Pro features, workspaces and security
Skills and Attributes:
- Working within an agile environment
- Logical and dependable
- Detail orientated
- Proactive – capable of identifying, embracing and initiating change
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
- Advance level of dashboard development skills
- Extensive expertise with Microsoft BI solution stack
- High level of demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Power Query, Power Pivot, connections to external data sources, pivot tables, charts, and slicers
- Proven ability to create, publish, and manage content packs
- Deep understanding of security as it pertains to data access, scope, and distribution of reports and dashboards
- Experience in mentoring/training/coaching business users
- Good knowledge of best practices for report development
- Designing and developing insightful, actionable and intuitive data dashboards using Power BI
- Develop interactive data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Develop, maintain and support reports and dashboards being used by business users
- Consult with various business users to understand their data use case and reporting needs.
- Partner with the business users and other members of the BI team to insure BI report quality and integrity across the BI platform.
- Keep up with the latest PowerBI functionalities and releases and train business users accordingly
- Create functional guidance documentation and will provide presentations and training for business users.
- Must be able to learn other BI tools as needed.
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
Please make sure to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.