Senior BI Data Analyst
About the role
FLASH is looking for a Senior BI Data Analyst to join our BI team based in our awesome Cape Town office who will focus on market and business trends, in order to increase profits and efficiency. Extract insights with research, statistics, data mining and predictive analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in businessscience, mathematics, economics, statistics, information science, engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years Business Analysis or related technical experience
Role Specific requirements:
- Able to use complex systems to mine data sources and look for trends.
- A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial.
- Once the data is analyzed, able to communicate findings to the company or manager.
- Able to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss.
- Able to work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to juggle it all is crucial to the job.
Skills and Attributes:
- Logical and dependable
- Detail orientated
- Proactive – capable of identifying, embracing and initiating change
- Able to work under pressure
- Outcome focused
- Persistent and accountable
- Able to meet deadlines
- The ability to balance technical and business interests in a fast moving, driven culture.
- Advance Microsoft Excel
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with relevant statistical package such as R, SAS, SPSS etc.
- Documented track record of producing research reports
- Provides support to user community
- Work with external partners to gather and validate requirements
- Determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports and provide business with reports as required
- Researches business problems and assists in the creation of models that help analyze these problems
- Assists in the development of enduser documentation
- Assist users in the use of the business intelligence solutions to enhance business decision-making capability
- Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends
- Take initiative to Identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities for the business
- Anticipates, identifies and defines trends & issues.
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
Please make sure to send your application and CV to email@example.com.