MyFLASH Money Transfers
Cash out in foreign countries:
What you need to register at a PEP store or a FLASH Agent
- Valid identification documents:
- Your Mobile Number (Call Home, Vodacom, MTN, Cell C & Telkom accepted)
Contact our Call Centre to find your nearest registration point:
084 193 5274 (Free call from Cell C) OR 083 903 5274 (Free call from MTN)
How to get started:
Follow these simple steps register for MyFLASH Money Transfers today.
Register for MyFLASH Money Transfers to send money home.
Go to ANY PEP store with your ID documents and mobile number. You will receive an approval SMS when you can transact. Call home customers wait till you receive your welcome SMS from EcoCash (within 48hrs).
Contact our Call Centre to find your nearest registration point.
084 193 5274 (Free call from Cell C) OR 083 903 5274 (Free call from MTN)
The documents that you require when registering for FLASH Send per country:
Get your MyFLASH Money Transfers Quote
- A free USSD short code by dialling *130*2697*7# from your MyFLASH registered number.
- Download the MyFLASH app and generate a quote and pay(on the app or at one of the PAY points).
Your quote will be valid until 12 at night. To generate a quote, you need the mobile number of the receiving EcoCash wallet(the person’s mobile number to whom you want to send money).
Dial *133*003# from your Call Home SIM to access your personal EcoCash Zimbabwe wallet where you will find your money. Sending money instantly to EcoCash customers on the Econet Wireless Zimbabwe network is FREE of charge.
EcoCash 084133 (Free call from Cell C) All networks can now send directly to loved one’s EcoCash wallet in Zimbabwe!
Terms & Conditions
MyFLASH App Terms & Conditions
Click here for MyFLASH app terms & conditions.
MyFLASH Money Transfers USSD Terms & Conditions
MyFLASH Money Transfers USSD usage
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions govern your relationship with FLASH. By using the dedicated USSD string you agree to and accept our terms and conditions. If you do not agree and accept, please do not use our USSD
- Please take special note of the paragraphs printed in bold as they may limit our responsibility or involve some risk for you.
2. How to interpret these terms and conditions
- In these terms and conditions, the words on the left have the meanings set out on the right unless the context clearly shows that the parties intended a different meaning:
- Access Codes means any of your secret numbers used to access our USSD string (if applicable), including your password and username;
- USSD means the MyFLASH Money Transfers dedicated (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) number on which to transact. (*130*2697*7#)
- Account means your Money Transfers account which is set up in the MyFLASH account management system (using your SIM card number as unique identifier);
- Device means the mobile device you use to access the USSD string
- FICA’d means your account has been verified using your Identification Document and your contracts have been USSD stringroved by our vettors.
- FLASH/us/we/our meansFLASH Mobile Vending (Pty) Ltd, a private company with registered address at 36 Stellenberg Road, Parow Industria;
- History means all transactions you have active or done in the past.
- Personal Information means information about an identifiable, natural or juristic person, including but not limited to, information about race, gender, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, religion, belief, disability, language, birth, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, location through your Device`s GPS;
- Quote means requesting a certain amount of money to be sent cross-border to a destination number within the choses Country.
- Transactional limits means the maximum amount per account you are allowed to send per day (R3,000.00) and per month (R10,000.00).
- You/Your means the person who using the USSD string;
- Your account may only be used for the purpose of which it was intended. You also confirm that you will not accept or transact where: (1) any unlawful or illegal activity (2) counterfeit tender or (3) suspicious behaviour is detected or noted by your customer.
4. Use of the USSD
- You must use software and hardware suitable for the USSD string. If you do not, the string may not work properly.
5. Fees and costs
- There are no subscription costs to access the USSD.
- Standard USSD costs will be charged when you Transact through the string. These costs are charged by your mobile network operator.
- FLASH will regularly, as the exchange rate changes. Update the rate within the USSD environment to reflect the most recent exchange rate between the South African Rand (ZAR) and the United Stated Dollar (USD).
6. Transacting using the USSD string
- The different types of Transactions that can be performed are subject to change from time to time.
- You authorise us to carry out any and all Transactions which are authenticated by you.
- In all instances where we appoint you as our agent, you must act strictly within your mandate.
- All Transactions are in real time.
- All transactions will be limited by the transactional limits as well as 6 recipients per month. Meaning, the recipient as well as sender will have these limits applied.
7. Regulatory requirements
- You must at all times comply with applicable laws, and indemnifies FLASH against any loss or liability it may suffer as a result of non-compliance by you.
8. Changes We are entitled to change these terms and conditions. We will give you notice of any change. Your continued use of the USSD string means that you have accepted such changes. 9. Intellectual property
- Subject to any intellectual property rights held by any other third parties:
- We keep all intellectual property and intellectual rights in and to all content (including, but not limited to, all proprietary information, trademarks and copyright in any logos and other devices or storage media) in or sent to, through and from the USSD string; and
- We grant you a non-assignable, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the USSD string, which may include updates and/or changes, only for purposes outlined in these terms and for no other purposes.
- You acknowledge that you:
- will in no way represent that you have any rights of any nature in any current and future intellectual property belonging to us, and/or any third parties featured on the USSD string;
- will not use the current and future intellectual property that belongs to us and/or any third party that is featured on the USSD string in any manner whatsoever or any other intellectual property which is identical, similar and/or confusingly similar thereto in any country;
- will not apply for or obtain registration of any current and future intellectual property that belongs to us and/or any third party that is featured on the USSD string, or any other intellectual property which may be confusingly similar thereto in any country;
- will not challenge the rights to the current and future intellectual property that belongs to us, and/or any third party that is featured on the USSD string in any country
- will not do, or omit to do, or cause to be done any act or thing which would be expected to weaken, damage, be detrimental to or in any way impair or tend to impair the current and future intellectual property that belongs to us and/or any third party that is featured on the USSD string or the reputation and goodwill associated therewith or the foregoing parties, or which would be expected to jeopardise or invalidate any registration of current and future intellectual property belonging to the foregoing parties; and
- You indemnify us against all actions, claims, costs, demands, expenses and other liabilities suffered or incurred by us as are result of any third party claims initiated and/or instituted against us relating to your unauthorised use of the USSD string, the content thereon and/or any other intellectual property and intellectual property rights flowing from the foregoing.
10. Your Personal Information
- You consent to:
- the processing of your Personal Information (where relevant) by us and other companies in our group, any of its operators, commercial partners, agents and sub-contractors (who may be outside South Africa) on the condition that they will keep such information confidential;
- the collection of your Personal Information from any other source to supplement the Personal Information which we have about you;
- the retention by us of your Personal Information for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and marketing purposes;
- us using your Personal Information to send you information about products, services, and special offers of the various companies in our group and commercial partners that may be of interest or value to you;
- us conducting a credit enquiry about you with any credit bureau or credit provider and providing your Personal Information, including the manner in which you conduct’s your account, to:
- credit risk management services (including credit bureaux); and/or
- crime prevention agencies.
- Subject to applicable law, you may access the Personal Information FLASH has about you by contacting our call centre and request that applicable corrections be made.
- All information identified byFLASH as confidential or which, you should reasonably identify as confidential, including business, commercial (discounts etc), end-user, scientific or technical information, as well as any price list whether current or not, received by or made available to you pursuant to your relationship withFLASH, shall be regarded by you as confidential and shall be treated accordingly and not be disclosed to third parties, or used for any purpose other than that for which it was disclosed, without the prior written consent ofFLASH.
- In particular, you shall not, directly or indirectly communicate any information regarding or relating to an end-user to any third party other than in the compliance with the obligations of these terms and conditions or as may be required in law, from time to time.
- The provisions of this clause 15 shall survive any termination of our relationship with you.
12. Termination and suspension
- We are entitled to cancel, terminate or suspend your use of the FLASH System in respect of all Transactions or selected types of Transactions immediately, or any combination of these actions, as may be permissible in law, without prejudice to any of our other rights (that is, without barring or limiting any future action), if
- we have reason to believe that the USSD string has been or is likely to be misused;
- suspect any illegal use of the USSD string;
- you gave false or inaccurate information;
- you fail and/or refuse to follow our User Guide or other instructions;
- you are in breach of these terms and conditions or the provisions of any other agreement between us;
- law forces us; or
- if we need to protect our interest.
- We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the USSD string upon notice, without any liability to you or any third party.
- You may also terminate your relationship with us with immediate effect upon notice to us.
- Disclaimer, Limitation of liability & Indemnity
- We will make every effort to ensure that the USSD string is continually available to you.
- The functioning of the USSD string is, however, dependent on factors beyond our control, including but not limited to, the availability and performance of the relevant mobile telephone network, any third party integration system which provides a service on the USSD string, the performance and compatibility of your Device with the USSD string.
- If the USSD string is not available due to a factor beyond our control, we will not be held liable for the un-availability thereof. Or where the USSD string is available, however, but some transactions are offline due to third parties being offline.
- You use the USSD string at your own risk. The USSD string is not error-free and is being provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
- We will not in any circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect losses however these may arise or for any other unusual losses. In particular, FLASH shall not be liable for any financial loss, loss of business, profit, savings, revenue, or goodwill suffered or sustained by you howsoever arising.
- We will not be liable for any claims, loss or damage resulting from claims that products or services are defective where we act as agent for the supplier thereof.
- You indemnify FLASH against any loss suffered by it, whether direct or consequential, or claims instituted against FLASH by virtue of your use of the USSD string.
- You are not, without the consent of FLASH, entitled to cede, delegate or sub-license all or any of its rights and/or obligations in terms of your contractual relationship withFLASH to any third party.Flash shall not be bound by such a provision and you hereby expressly consent to any such cession and/or delegation of rights and/or obligations by FLASH.
- No indulgence, leniency or extension of time which Flash may grant or show to you shall in any way prejudice FLASH or preclude FLASH from exercising any of its rights in the future.
- You may not change any of these terms
- No waiver of any right ofFLASH, shall be effective unless reduced to writing and signed by FLASH.
- Flash shall not be bound by any representation, express or implied term, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein or in the User Guide.