Terms and conditions – DSTV Competition – Extension
*These terms and Conditions were updated on 20 September 2023 as further prizes were added to the campaign.
1.The competition will run from 08:00 on the 7th of July 2023 to and including 23:59 on the 31st of October 2023 (“the Competition Period”).
2.By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. There are two ways in which you may enter the competition by:
2.1. Paying your DStv account at a Flash trader AND dialling 130*3621*1*REFERENCE# (“USSD String”) before the Competition Period ends; or
2.2. Paying your DStv account on the Flash consumer App AND dialling 130*3621*1*REFERENCE# (“USSD String”) before the Competition Period ends;
hereinafter referred to as the “Entry Criteria”.
3. Participants may enter as many times as they want. One unique DStv transaction reference number that is dialled to the USSD String qualifies as one entry into the competition. The reference number must be linked to a DStv payment.
4.There will be two types of winners: The first type will be the winners who will win two monthly account payments based on the current DStv package they were subscribed to on the day of their entry (“DStv package winners”). The second type of winner will receive vouchers to the value of R1000 (“Voucher winners”).
5.The following rules apply to DStv package winners:
5.1. There will be 3 draw dates: 10 August 2023, 10 September 2023 and 3 November 2023.
5.2. On every draw date 60 winners will be selected for the participants who complied with the Entry Criteria via a random draw and will be announced within 2 weeks of the draw date.
5.3. The selected winners who entered through the Flash consumer App, will win two monthly account payments based on the current DStv package they were subscribed to on the day of their entry, directly paid into their Flash consumer App wallet. These winners will be notified via a push notification on their Flash consumer App.
5.4. The selected winners who entered through a Flash trader, will win two monthly account payments based on the current DStv package they were subscribed to on the day of their entry, directly paid to DStv on the Flash trader winners’ behalf. These winners will be notified via SMS.
5.5. Winners may be requested to prove their identity before receiving their prize.
6. The following rules apply to Voucher winners:
6.1. There will be a random draw for 14 weekly winners every Friday starting on Friday, 22 September 2023 and the last draw being on Friday, 3 October 2023. Winners will be announced within 2 weeks of every draw date.
6.2. Each of these winners will receive a unique short code SMS allowing access to a rewards portal with a pre-loaded R1000 wallet to spend on vouchers on the rewards platform.
6.3. All winners will be notified by SMS and winners may be requested to prove their identity before receiving their prize.
7. An alternative winner may be drawn if the winner is not reachable or has deactivated their DStv account during the Competition Period.
8. All prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted for cash.
9. The competition is open to all participants within South Africa who can provide valid proof of identity, excluding employees of Flash and its associated companies.
10. Flash and their agents do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage and will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees required for purpose of using, applying or enjoying the prize won in this competition.
11. The winners give Flash and its authorized agents consent to use their name for publicity purposes unless refused.
12. Flash reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against Flash and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against Flash.
13. By participating in this competition, you consent to (i) the processing of your personal information by Flash and other companies in the Pepkor group, any of their operators, agents and sub-contractors (who may be outside South Africa) on the condition that they will keep such information confidential; (ii) the collection of your personal information from any other source to supplement the personal information which Flash has about you; (iii) the retention by Flash of your personal information for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and marketing purposes; (iv) Flash using your personal information to send you information about products, services, and special offers of the various companies in the Pepkor group that may be of interest or value to you.
14. You can choose to be excluded from direct marketing by notifying Flash in writing or by registering a block on any registry which Flash is bound by law to recognise. Flash will not charge you a fee to update this request on its systems. Flash will give effect to any changes requested by you as soon as reasonably possible.
15. The prizes are subject to 1Voucher’s terms and conditions, available at 1Voucher.co.za
16.These terms and conditions are also available at flash.co.za